This one-year fellowship will focus on expanding the EMS field experience of the learner and providing opportunities to engage in EMS administrative and educational activities.
The fellowship curriculum will be based on the “EMS Core Content” as established by ABEM. This content is divided in to 4 categories:
- Clinical aspect
- Medical oversight
- Special Ops
The content of these categories will be covered by both theoretical and practical means. The theoretical approach will utilize textbook review and current peer-reviewed literature. The textbooks for the fellowship will be Emergency Medical Services Clinical Practice and Systems Oversight (NAEMSP, 2015).
To supplement the on-campus didactic experience, national EMS conferences will be attended. The following conferences are proposed:
- ClinCon (July, Orlando, FL)
- NAEMSP Medical Directors Course (January, Austin, TX)
- EMS Gathering of Eagles (March, Dallas, TX)
- EMS World Expo (October, Nashville, TN)
Field EMS experience will include the following
- Ground EMS time with Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department and St Johns County Fire and Rescue Department
- Air experience with TraumaOne Flight Program
- Special Ops/USAR
Administrative responsibilities will include participation in:
- UF Health Emergency Medicine Resident EMS Rotation
- UF Health Jacksonville STEMI Quality Committee
- UF Health Critical Care Outreach Committee
- TraumaOne Medical Direction
Fellowship eligibility and criteria
- Diplomate of an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) member board or a diplomate of AOBEM diplomate.
- Fulfill the ABEM Policy on Medical Licensure
- Comply with the ABEM Policy on Board Eligibility for Subspecialties